Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly (PACE)
Mrs. Anne Brasseur, President
Tel. 33 3 88 41 23 41
Council of Europe
Mr.Thorbjorn Jagland, Secretary General
Tel. 33 3 88 41 20 00
Fax 33 3 88 41 27 99
PACE — Assembly Members
OSCE Minsk Group
Dear Mrs. Brasseur!
My name is Milana Gorenstein, I am a 2013 presidential candidate in Azerbaijan.
I am writing to you in relation to the 2015 report «Escalation of violence in Nagorno-Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan» by Robert Walter (United Kingdom, EC), rapporteur of the Political Affairs Committee of the PACE.
I want to inform you that:
1) Presidential elections in Azerbaijan were totally falsified. I am fighting for my rights in courts and will continue to do so until I see the victory of good over evil and truth over falsehood.
2) Usurpation of power is a crime that occurs when any person unlawfully arrogates to himself power or authority, and this is exactly what happened in Azerbaijan. In a consistently law-abiding, constitutional nations of EU the crime of usurpation is unacceptable and should be convicted and punished.
3) On November 22, 2013 I have sent a letter to Mr. Robert Walter regarding his report «Observation of the presidential election in Azerbaijan (9 October 2013)», asking him to review the attached facts on authorities of Azerbaijan arrogating to themselves non-constitutional powers. Mr. Walter ignored all legal facts and reported to PACE and the whole world: “The result of the presidential election of 9 October 2013 should be seen as reflecting the will of people in Azerbaijan”. Mr. Walter, therefore, assisted to criminal behavior of authorities and to usurpation of power in Azerbaijan.
4) After the Appeal Court and High Court of Azerbaijan I complained to European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) — case No. 25718/14. The decision of ESCR judge Julia Laffranque created a new legal reality, resolved the question related to the Succession of State of Azerbaijan according to principles of international law and the status of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. Therefore, the phrase ”Nagorno-Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan” doesn’t have any legal basis.
5) Thousands of years of human history have shown that political games for illegal control of state always turn bloody. Silence gives consent. Criminal Aliyev’s regime with Nazi ideology in less than one year after the “elections” have shown to the world what price innocent Azerbaijani people had to pay for such “cognitive blindness” of international observers and their false reports: hundreds of human rights activists slowly dying in prisons, the number of political prisoners in Azerbaijan is growing, and the escalation of violence in Nagorno-Karabakh line of contact is a direct result of state terror of armed bandits that occupied Azerbaijan with silent consent of international organizations, including PACE. Bur the game is over! All these crimes of the authorities of Azerbaijan deserve a hearing at International Criminal Tribunal, all criminals finally will be brought to justice, and I am working hard to make it happen.
6) Taking into consideration the above-mentioned findings, I ask you, Mrs. Brasseur
— to open an internal investigation on inappropriate behavior of the rapporteur of the Political Affairs Committee of the PACE Robert Walter (United Kingdom, EC), that affected over 800 million people from 47 member states and put at risk transparency, credibility, and good reputation of PACE as the organization dedicated to upholding human rights, democracy and the rule of law;
— to review and change the name and content of 2015 report «Escalation of violence in Nagorno-Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan», facing new legal realities;
— to transfer the responsibility to PACE member with no records of corrupt and/or unprofessional behavior;
— to take all necessary measures to prevent and confront unethical and unlawful behavior of members of PACE in the future.
Please find the relevant documents attached.
With my esteem and respect,
Milana Gorenstein, LL.B
/HM Queen Maria II of Jerusalem and of Nagorno-Karabakh/
International lawyer, journalist
Former member of the Board of Directors of Amnesty International (Israel)
Founder of “AZAM21” peacemaking group
Founder of “Karabakh Our Home” International civil movement